Distinguished Faculty and Staff Awards
College of Liberal Arts - Instructor of the Year
The award was created in 2011. They are recognized during the commencement ceremony, have their names added to a plaque, and receive $1,000. Eligibility is limited to instructors, lecturers, senior lecturers, and instructional assistant professors.
- Carey Bernini Dowling - Instructional Associate Professor of Psychology and Director of Undergraduate Studies (2017)
College of Liberal Arts Research, Scholarship, and Creative Achievement Award
This award will be presented annually to tenured faculty members in the College in recognition of sustained exemplary performance in research, scholarship, and/or creative achievement at the national/international level.
- Todd A Smitherman - PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY AND DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL TRAINING (2018)
Award for Excellence in Promoting Inclusiveness in Graduate Education
- Alan M Gross - Professor of Psychology (2007)
Excellence in Advising Award - Office of the Provost
To recognize outstanding academic advising by a faculty member and to demonstrate the University of Mississippi's commitment to excellent advising.
- John N Young - PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (2015)
Faculty Achievement Award
The Faculty Achievement Award is given annually to recognize unusual effort in the classroom, involvement with students, and active scholarship.
- Kenneth J Sufka - Professor of Psychology and Pharmacology; and Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2005)
Frist Service Award
- Stefan E Schulenberg - Professor of Psychology, Director of Interdisciplinary Minor in Disaster Sciences and Director of the Clinical- Disaster Research Center (2020)
- BILLY A BARRIOS - STAFF PSYCHOLOGIST AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (2007)
- Kenneth J Sufka - Professor of Psychology and Pharmacology; and Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2006)
Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentoring
Criteria: impact on graduate students, excellence in supervision of student research or professional practice, excellence in graduate classroom instruction, and other contributions to improved instruction, including influence on the graduate curriculum.
- Alan M Gross - Professor of Psychology (2013)
Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher Award
The Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher of the Year for the University is selected from nominations submitted by students, alumni and faculty.
- Kelly Gene Wilson - Professor Emeritus of Psychology (2010)
- Kenneth J Sufka - Professor of Psychology and Pharmacology; and Research Professor in the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1996)
- BILLY A BARRIOS - STAFF PSYCHOLOGIST AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF PSYCHOLOGY (1995)
Distinguished Faculty Fellows (Liberal Arts)
In 2002, the College of Liberal Arts began the Distinguished Faculty Fellowship Program to reward and support senior faculty members who have distinguished records of research, teaching, and service.
- Alan M Gross - Professor of Psychology (2003)