Math 573: Applied Probability
Emphasis on understanding the theory of probability and knowing how to apply it. Proofs are given only when they are simple and illuminating. Among topics covered are joint, marginal, and conditional distributions, conditional and unconditional moments, independence, the weak law of large numbers, Tchebycheff's inequality, Central Limit Theorem.
- Math 261: Unified Calculus & Analytic Geometry I (Minimum grade: C)
- Math 262: Unified Calculus & Analytic Geometry II (Minimum grade: C)
- Math 263: Unified Calculus & Analytic Geometry III (Minimum grade: C)
- Math 264: Unified Calculus & Analytic Geometry IV (Minimum grade: C)
- Lecture: Lecture for Math 573
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.