Soc 311: Social Problems
The concept of social problems as a moral construct. Theoretical approaches to identifying social problems. Analysis of some currently defined major problems of U.S. society (e.g., environmental degradation, war and militarism, violence and crime) arguments for remediation, approaches to policy.
- Soc 101: Introductory Sociology I
- Successful completion of DS 097 (or DS 094), if required
- Pre-Requisite: 24 Earned Hours
- Lecture: Lecture for Soc 311
- Lecture: Compressed Video for Soc 311
- Lecture: Hybrid Lecture for Soc 311