Philosophy & Religion
See the degree requirements under Programs.
- Evidence of an awarded baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- An academic record that includes either successful completion of two undergraduate philosophy classes, or at least a 3.0 or equivalent grade-point average on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Two (2) letters of professional recommendation, preferably from professors familiar with your academic qualifications or others familiar with your work ethic and ability to be successful in graduate school.
- Submit a sample of your recent written work that best showcases your skills as a writer and critical thinker. Writing samples should be in English and no more than 30 double-spaced pages in length. There are no specific formatting requirements. This could be a term paper, professional report, policy brief, or any other document that demonstrates language, writing, and analytic skills.
- International students must demonstrate compliance with the University of Mississippi's English Language Proficiency Score Requirements and Exemptions policy.
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.