Math 261: Unified Calculus & Analytic Geometry I
This is the first course in a four-term calculus sequence for engineering and science majors. Topics include limits, continuity, and differentiation of functions of one real variable. Differentiation rules, derivatives as rates of change, implicit differentiation, the mean and extreme value theorems, L’Hospital’s rule, optimization problems, higher order derivatives, graphing functions, antiderivatives.
After completing Math 261 with a C or higher, students may not receive credit for Math 121, Math 125, or Math 267.
- Minimum ACT mathematics score of 24 (SAT 560 or SATR 580); or B minimum in Math 121 and 123; or B minimum in Math 125; or ACT mathematics score of 17 (SAT 410 or SATR 460) or 18 (SAT 430 or SATR 490)and ALEKS PPL score of 76.
- Lecture: Lecture for Math 261
- Lecture: Web Based Lecture for Math 261
- Lecture: iStudy for Math 261
Online, Internet, or Web-based
Students may be required to pay additional fees to an outside vendor for identity verification prior to a proctored assessment.
- $100.00 per 3 Semester Credit Hours