Math 167: Business Mathematics
Students gain a solid foundation for topics in logic including but not limited to statements and their negations and truth tables, as well as topics in statistics including but not limited to data collection, display and analysis, binomial and normal distribution. Students will be prepared to solve linear and quadratic equations used in business calculus. Students will work with exponential and logarithmic functions and functions used in business such as cost, demand, revenue, and profit.
- Course cannot be booked if completed Math 261 with a grade of C or better.
- Prerequisite: Minimum ACT mathematics score of 19 (SAT 450 or SATR 510); or ALEKS PPL score of 38; or the successful completion of DS 099, if required.
- Lecture: Lecture for Math 167
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Math 167
- Lecture: iStudy for Math 167
Online, Internet, or Web-based
Students may be required to pay additional fees to an outside vendor for identity verification prior to a proctored assessment.
- $100.00 per 3 Semester Credit Hours
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.