Math 125: Basic Mathematics for Science & Eng
This course is designed especially for students requiring a review of both algebra and trigonometry before beginning the calculus sequence. Students will solve a variety of algebraic equations and inequalities; examine and graph algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions; evaluate trigonometric functions and their inverses; verify trigonometric identities; and solve exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric equations.
- Course cannot be booked if completed Math 261 with a grade of C or better.
- Prerequisite: Minimum ACT mathematics score of 19 (SAT 450 or SATR 510); or ALEKS PPL score of 61; or Math 121; or the successful completion of DS 099, if required.
- Lecture: Lecture for Math 125
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Math 125
Online, Internet, or Web-based
Students may be required to pay additional fees to an outside vendor for identity verification prior to a proctored assessment.
- $100.00 per 3 Semester Credit Hours
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.