B.A. in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics offers a B.A. in mathematics for students who wish a broad education in a mathematical field in preparation for careers in teaching or other areas.
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 120
General Education Requirements
See the 'General Education/Core Curriculum' for the College of Liberal Arts.
A major in mathematics for a B.A. degree consists of 30 hours of mathematics courses as indicated below, plus a computer programming class chosen from:
- Csci 111, 251, 256, or 259.
Core Courses (24 hours)
- Math 261-264: Calculus I-IV - 12 hours
- Math 305: Foundations - 3 hours
- Math 319: Linear Algebra - 3 hours
- Math 555: Advanced Calculus I - 3 hours
- Math 525: Modern Algebra I - 3 hours
- 300 level or above - 6 hours
Other Academic Requirements
Grades lower than C in mathematics courses will not be counted toward the mathematics major for the B.A. degree.