Eng 520: Teaching Writing for Thinking
This course examines current theories and practices of teaching writing.
The course focuses on the process theory of writing to foster thinking
and learning in subject areas, collaborative learning, and error
analysis and grammar instruction.
- One of the following: Eng 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, or 299.
- Prerequiste: Junior standing (60 hr).
- Seminar: Seminar for Eng 520
- Seminar: Teacher Workshop for Eng 520
- Seminar: Writing Project for Eng 520
- Seminar: Web-based Seminar for Eng 520
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.