Bisc 327: Introductory Neuroscience
Introduction to how nerve cells work singly and in concert to guide animal behavior. A comparative approach to understand how brains have evolved to allow animals to perceive stimuli, maintain cycles of arousal, adopt particular mating strategies, learn and guide behavior and communicate.
- Bisc 160: Biological Sciences I (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 161: Biological Sciences I Laboratory (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 162: Biological Sciences II (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 163: Biological Sciences II Laboratory (Minimum grade: C)
- Pre-Requisite: 24 Earned Hours
- Lecture: Lecture for Bisc 327
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.