Jour 473: Writing with Voice
This course focuses on nonfiction writing with a distinct point of view. Students explore the work of some of the most established and promising voices in contemporary journalism. They will write in a variety of advanced journalistic styles, exploring everything from the short and punchy blog post to the long magazine feature. Along the way, students will examine the ways authors establish authority, handle the first- person, and deploy the traditional tools of fiction while still remaining faithful to the truth.
- Instructor Approval Required
- Integrated Marketing Communication or Journalism Majors Only
- Prerequisite: IMC 205 or Jour 102
- Lecture: Lecture for Jour 473
- Lecture: Study Abroad for Jour 473