Sociology & Anthropology
See the degree requirements under Programs.
For detailed application instructions, see department's graduate program website.
Applicants to the M.A. program in sociology are required to submit the following:
- Completed electronic application through the UM Graduate School website
- Transcripts from all previous institutions attended, sent directly from the institution to the UM Graduate School
- At least TWO letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s academic performance and potential
- A writing sample that demonstrates your ability to make an argument, advance a hypothesis, or explore a question
- A statement of purpose that explains why you want to join our graduate program
See the degree requirements under Programs
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.