M.Ed. in Educational Leadership
The M.Ed. in educational leadership is designed to prepare public school administrators for Class AA certification.
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 30
The M.Ed. in educational leadership prepares leaders using a cohort model. The program provides candidates with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to meet ELCC standards and leads to AA certification for K- 12 public school administrators.
The M.Ed. in educational leadership requires 30 hours of the following course work:
- Edld 641-Law and Ethics in Education (3) and
- Edld 642-Managing Operations for Learning (3) or Edld 675-Policy, Integrity, Ethics, Legal, and Political Issues (6)
- Edld 671-Leading Quality Instruction (6)
- Edrs 673-Data Led Curriculum and Assessment (6) or Edld 673-Organization and Management (6)
- Edld 674-Developing Quality Teaching (6)
- Edld 676-Leading Change in Educational Org. (6) or Edld 672-Common Ground: School and Community (6)
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.