Coun 663: Internship in School Counseling
An intensive field-based experience for candidates in the school counseling master’s degree program. Students will apply critical counseling skills learned in previous course work in a K-12 school setting (elementary, middle, or high school). Under the supervision of the course instructor and the site supervisor, students will work to apply the American School Counselor Association’s (ASCA) National Model. Students must complete 600 hours of practical experience (minimum of 240 direct contact hours) and participate in weekly supervision with a licensed school counselor. Students must have a field site prior to starting the course, and all field sites must have departmental approval.
1 - 6 Credits
- Coun 661: School-Based Practicum (Minimum grade: Z)
- Pre-requisite: Approval of supervising faculty member.
- Pract/Inter: Practicum/Internship for Coun 663
- Pract/Inter: Compressed Video for Coun 663
- Pract/Inter: Web-based Pract/Inter for Coun 663