Mgmt 583: Labor Relations
An advanced course analyzing the evolution and impact of labor law in the U.S. Membership trends of unions, the Railway Labor Act, the Norris LaGuardia Act, and the National Labor Code are emphasized using the case approach. Also addressed are the collective bargaining process; mandatory versus voluntary bargaining issues; union organizing; the certification and decertification process; work slowdowns and strikes; grievance administration; and mediation and arbitration.
- Mgmt 371: Principles of Management (Minimum grade: C)
- Senior standing required.
- Lecture: Lecture for Mgmt 583
- Lecture: Compressed Video for Mgmt 583
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Mgmt 583