Mgmt 582: Employee Relations
Study of the federal regulation of private and public sector human resource management practices. Particular attention is devoted to compliance bligations under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act, Affordable Care Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Immigration Reform and Control Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act, and the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures. Emphasis is also focused on recruiting, selection, employee discipline, employment-at-will, equal opportunity compliance, hostile work environments, mandatory benefits, negligent hiring, and workplace privacy. Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills are developed through case analysis.
- Mgmt 383: Human Resource Management (Minimum grade: C)
- Mgmt 371: Principles of Management (Minimum grade: C)
- Senior standing required.
- Lecture: Lecture for Mgmt 582
- Lecture: Compressed Video for Mgmt 582
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Mgmt 582