Mgmt 485: Selection and Placement
Theory and application of selection processes for organizational staffing. Topics include technical issues such as validity and reliability, job analysis, and workforce planning. Legal issues related to selection are examined, such as equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Practical issues related to attracting, developing, motivating, and retaining applicants and employees are studied. Additionally, internal and external labor markets are explored, talent management, the use of references checking, and the benefits of HR planning. Recruiting and managing a diverse workforce is also addressed.
- Mgmt 383: Human Resource Management (Minimum grade: C)
- Mgmt 371: Principles of Management (Minimum grade: C)
- Pre-Requisite: 24 Earned Hours
- Lecture: Lecture for Mgmt 485
- Lecture: Compressed Video for Mgmt 485
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Mgmt 485