NHM 484: Internship in Hospitality
Nutrition & Hospitality Management
Individually planned work experience consisting of 400 hours in one or more facets of the hospitality industry. The work experience must be approved by the instructor. Completion of 200 documented hours of work experience or service in hospitality will be required as a prerequisite to enrolling in this course.
- NHM 310: Hospitality Industry Accounting
- NHM 211: Introduction to Culinary Science
- NHM 213: Introduction to Culinary Science Lab
- Instructor Approval Required
- 9 credit hours required from NHM 360, NHM 361, NHM 363, NHM 441, NHM 464, NHM 467.
- 200 hours of pre-internship work experience.
- Overall GPA of 2.0.
- Pract/Inter: Practicum/Internship for NHM 484
- Pract/Inter: New York Internship Experience NHM 484
- Pract/Inter: Study Abroad for NHM 484
- Pract/Inter: Web-based Pract/Intern for NHM 484
Nutrition and Hospitality 4
Online, Internet, or Web-based
Students may be required to pay additional fees to an outside vendor for identity verification prior to a proctored assessment.
- $100.00 per 3 Semester Credit Hours
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.