Ger 493: Applied Gerontology Internship
The internship/fieldwork is designed to provide students with the opportunity to apply current issues of policy and practice and to provide insight regarding their individual occupational specialization. The supervised internship/fieldwork is a culminating experience providing students with the opportunity to apply learned theories and concepts in a community agency where planning, developing, or delivering services to older adults or their families occur. May be repeatable for up to 6 hours.
3 - 6 Credits
- SW 322: Human Behav and the Soc Environment II
- Junior Standing Required
- Prerequisite GB 370 or Mgmt 391
- Pre-Requisite ES 344 OR Ger 344
- Pre-Requisite SW 326 OR Ger 326
- Pre-Requisite LA 411 OR Ger 411
- Pract/Intern: Practicum Internship for Ger 493
- Pract/Intern: Web-based Pract/Intern for Ger 493
- Pract/Intern: Hybrid Pract/Intern for Ger 493
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.