Bisc 491: Directed Study in Biological Sciences I
Independent research project conducted under biology faculty supervision. Requirements include a written product or an oral presentation. May be repeated once; however, a maximum of 3 hours can be applied to the biology major. As a general guideline, during regular semesters, a minimum of two hours' effort per week, per credit hour attempted, is expected.
1 - 3 Credits
- Bisc 160: Biological Sciences I (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 161: Biological Sciences I Laboratory (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 162: Biological Sciences II (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 163: Biological Sciences II Laboratory (Minimum grade: C)
- Instructor Approval Required
- Indiv Based: Individual Based Study for Bisc 491
- Indiv Based: Washington Internship Experience
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.