Edsp 678: Positive Behavior Support
The course provides a basis for understanding and addressing behavior challenges of diverse learners. In this course, we will explore a range of issues, concepts, and practices centering on Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) in school communities and other social settings. The following topics will be highlighted: foundations of PBS - principles, policies, and practices; theoretical perspectives on the nature of challenging behavior; functional-based behavior assessment and support planning; individual, classroom, peer socialization, and schoolwide support systems; interventions and practices to facilitate social competence and positive behavior; building family, community, and school partnerships.
- Edsp 676: Educ & Psy of Indiv w Behavior Problems
- Instructor Approval Required
- Lecture: Lecture for Edsp 678
- Lecture: Compressed Video for Edsp 678
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Edsp 678