Ling 501: Descriptive Grammar
A structural examination of English grammar, with special attention to uses on different levels, formal and informal, standard and nonstandard, written and spoken; emphasis on phonology, morphology, and descriptive theories of grammar.
- One of the following: Engl 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, or 299.
- Lecture: Lecture for Ling 501
- Lecture: Web-based Lecture for Ling 501
- Lecture: WEB Washington Internship for Ling 501
- Lecture: WEB New York Internship Experience
- Lecture: Online Program for Ling 501
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.