Bisc 493: Capstone Directed Study
An independent research project conducted under the supervision of a faculty member with whom the student has completed 6 hours of prior research work (Bisc 491 and Bisc 492). Results must be reported in a research paper and an oral presentation in a public forum. A maximum of 3 credit hours can be applied to the degree requirements for a major in biology. Bisc 493 is not open to students who apply Honors 401 and 402 toward their degree.
1 - 3 Credits
- Bisc 160: Biological Sciences I (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 161: Biological Sciences I Laboratory (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 162: Biological Sciences II (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 163: Biological Sciences II Laboratory (Minimum grade: C)
- Bisc 491: Directed Study in Biological Sciences I (Minimum grade: B)
- Bisc 492: Directed Study in Biological Sciences II (Minimum grade: B)
- Instructor Approval Required
- Indiv Based: Individual Based for Bisc 493
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.