B.E. in Engineering
The B.E. program is more broadly focused than the B.S. in engineering science programs. The B.E. is designed to provide students the opportunity to gain an understanding of engineering, scientific, and technical knowledge, which will enhance their career objectives in such areas as engineering science, medicine, law, professional education, public policy, military, management, and sales.
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 127
General Education Requirements
In addition to the courses specified by the School of Engineering general education requirements, the following are required: Math 263-264 and Math 353; laboratory science to be fulfilled by Chem 105, 106, 115, 116 and Phys 211, 212, 221, 222.
Candidates for the B.E. degree must complete the following courses: CSci 251; Engr 309, 310, 313, 321, 330, 362, 363, 400; 9 hours of technical engineering electives; 6 additional hours of humanities/social science/fine arts beyond the 18 hours School of Engineering core/general education requirement; 33 hours of an approved emphasis area. By the choice of emphasis area, students may choose to prepare to continue their education in - medical, - dental, - law, - business, or - graduate school in various fields of study.
- B.E. in Engineering - Terminal Path
- B.E. in Engr - Pre-Professional Path
- B.E. in Engr - Telecommunications Path
- Emphasis - Aerospace Studies
- Emphasis - Business Administration
- Emphasis - Military Science
- Emphasis - Naval Science
- Emphasis - Pre-Med Studies
- Emphasis - Secondary Chemistry Education
- Emphasis - Secondary Mathematics Educ
- Emphasis - Secondary Physics Education