Art & Art History
Distinguished Faculty and Staff Awards
College of Liberal Arts - Instructor of the Year
The award was created in 2011. They are recognized during the commencement ceremony, have their names added to a plaque, and receive $1,000. Eligibility is limited to instructors, lecturers, senior lecturers, and instructional assistant professors.
- KATHERINE R FIELDS - INSTRUCTOR IN ART (2011)
College of Liberal Arts - Outstanding Teacher of the Year
In 1985, the College of Liberal Arts began this award to recognize faculty members who demonstrate excellence of class instruction, intellectual stimulation of students, and concern for students welfare.
- MATTHEW L LONG - ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ART (2017)
- SHERI F RIETH - ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ART (2007)
Staff Council Award - EEO4
- MARILYN ELIZABETH ALLEN - SENIOR SECRETARY (2004)
College of Liberal Arts - Cora Lee Graham Outstanding Teaching of Freshmen
In 1984, Cora Lee Graham of Union City, Tennessee, established an endowment and directed that the proceeds from her gift be used to help retain your better professors who teach the freshman classes in the College of Liberal Arts.
- JOSHUA KEMP BRINLEE - ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF STUDIO ART FOUNDATIONS (2016)
- SARAH LOUISA HANEY - TUTOR (2010)
Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher Award
The Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher of the Year for the University is selected from nominations submitted by students, alumni and faculty.
- RON G DALE - PROFESSOR EMERITUS OF ART (2002)