C E 455: Civil Engineering Design I
Initial course in capstone design sequence. Individual and group experience in identifying objectives, major activities affecting cost/schedule, and roles of private and public organizations in civil engineering projects; introduction to regional and national building code provisions for access, egress, and structural safety; creativity in the design process and selection of competitive alternatives; preliminary site planning and facility design; preliminary group planning of a significant civil engineering project. Introduction to the use of computational tools for analysis, design, and visualization.
- Pre-Requisite: 24 Earned Hours
- C E 412: Design of Concrete Structures
- C E 433: Foundation Engineering
- C E 481: Transportation Engineering I
- C E 472: Water Resources Engineering
- Lecture: Lecture for C E 455