Distinguished Faculty and Staff Awards
College of Liberal Arts - Outstanding Teacher of the Year
In 1985, the College of Liberal Arts began this award to recognize faculty members who demonstrate excellence of class instruction, intellectual stimulation of students, and concern for students welfare.
- Gerard J Buskes - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (2016)
- Talmage James Reid - INTERIM CHAIR AND PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (1994)
Award for Excellence in Promoting Inclusiveness in Graduate Education
- Gerard J Buskes - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (2011)
Faculty Achievement Award
The Faculty Achievement Award is given annually to recognize unusual effort in the classroom, involvement with students, and active scholarship.
- WILLIAM A STATON - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics (1997)
Frist Service Award
- WILLIAM A STATON - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics (1999)
- Patricia C Treloar - DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES (1996)
College of Liberal Arts - Cora Lee Graham Outstanding Teaching of Freshmen
In 1984, Cora Lee Graham of Union City, Tennessee, established an endowment and directed that the proceeds from her gift be used to help retain your better professors who teach the freshman classes in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Gerard J Buskes - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (1992)
Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher Award
The Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher of the Year for the University is selected from nominations submitted by students, alumni and faculty.
- WILLIAM A STATON - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics (1988)
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.