Distinguished Faculty and Staff Awards
College of Liberal Arts - Outstanding Teacher of the Year
In 1985, the College of Liberal Arts began this award to recognize faculty members who demonstrate excellence of class instruction, intellectual stimulation of students, and concern for students welfare.
- Gerard J Buskes - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (2016)
- Talmage James Reid - CHAIR AND PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (1994)
Liberal Arts-RSRCH, Scholarship, & Creative Achievement Award in the Humanities
This award will be presented annually to tenured faculty members in the College in recognition of sustained exemplary performance in research, scholarship, and/or creative achievement at the national/international level.
- Bing Wei - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (2019)
Award for Excellence in Promoting Inclusiveness in Graduate Education
- Gerard J Buskes - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (2011)
Faculty Achievement Award
The Faculty Achievement Award is given annually to recognize unusual effort in the classroom, involvement with students, and active scholarship.
- WILLIAM A STATON - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics (1997)
Frist Service Award
- WILLIAM A STATON - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics (1999)
- Patricia C Treloar - DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES (1996)
College of Liberal Arts - Cora Lee Graham Outstanding Teaching of Freshmen
In 1984, Cora Lee Graham of Union City, Tennessee, established an endowment and directed that the proceeds from her gift be used to help retain your better professors who teach the freshman classes in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Gerard J Buskes - PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS (1992)
Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher Award
The Elsie M. Hood Outstanding Teacher of the Year for the University is selected from nominations submitted by students, alumni and faculty.
- WILLIAM A STATON - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics (1988)