M.A. in Higher Educ/Student Personnel
The M.A. in higher education/student personnel is designed to prepare qualified students for entry-level positions in higher education and/or student personnel. Graduates have found employment as higher education professionals in a variety of areas, including housing, career counseling, international student affairs, financial aid, student activities, Greek life, and development, just to name a few.
Minimum Total Credit Hours: 30
The requirements for the M.A. in higher education/student personnel include:
- Edfd 609 - The Cultural Context of Education
- Edrs 605 - Educational Research I
- Edld 658 - Organization and Governance of Higher Education
- Edld 659 - Finance of Higher Education
- Edld 660 - History of Higher Education
- Edld 664 - Law in Higher Education
- Edld 665 - Cont. Issues of Higher Education
- Edld 667 - Practicum
- Edld 668 - Practicum (required only of students having no higher education work experience and no current assistantship in higher education)
- Edld 689 - Student Services in Higher Education
- Edld 691 - The College and the Student
- 12 hours of electives if Edld 668 is not required
Other Academic Requirements
Students must complete a final portfolio as a part of their comprehensive examination.
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.