Mgmt 486: Family Business Management
This course focuses on the opportunities and the problems characteristic of family businesses: creating new businesses, maintaining existing businesses, management succession, transfer of ownership, mixing family and business roles, family conflicts, personnel issues, non-family employees, innovation, transgenerational wealth creation, and the use of outside advisers.
- Mgmt 371: Principles of Management (Minimum grade: C)
- Econ 202: Principles of Microeconomics
- Econ 203: Principles of Macroeconomics
- Accy 201: Introduction to Accounting Principles I
- Accy 202: Introduction to Accounting Principles II
- Junior Standing Required
- Pre-requisite: Mgmt 371 or GB 370 (C min).
- Pre-Requisite: 24 Earned Hours
- Lecture: Lecture for Mgmt 486
The policies and regulations contained in this online University of Mississippi Catalog are in effect for the current or selected semester. The catalog is not a contract, but rather a guide for the convenience of students. The University of Mississippi reserves the right to 1) change or withdraw courses; 2) change the fees, rules, and schedules for admission, registration, instruction, and graduation; and 3) change other regulations affecting the student body at any time. Implicit in each student’s enrollment with the university is an agreement to comply with university rules and regulations, which the university may modify to exercise properly its educational responsibility.